Press release n. 1
Verona, 14/02/2023 – The newly started project FLASH, funded by the European Union, had its official start on February 13th and 14th 2023 in Verona, hosted by the University of Verona.
With a total investment of 4.9 million euros, FLASH project brings together sixteen partners from nine European countries and intends to be a game-changer in the European integrated healthcare system. Nine universities and research centres, one non-profit organization, and seven SMEs will work together on these research challenges and lead the way to bring innovation to the general public and create a resilient European healthcare system.
One of the lessons learnt from the Covid-19 pandemic is the importance of flexibility in funding and organization of health systems. European countries responded quickly to this extreme event, by expanding the amount of financial resources available for health care and reallocating financial and human resources. However, there are several other challenges for health care systems that require efficient and flexible financing mechanisms to be successfully addressed.
This project undertakes a comprehensive analysis of health care financing mechanisms in Europe and, by employing a wide range of methodological approaches, it provides evidence on the ability of existing financing mechanisms and contracts to address such challenges and study new solutions to achieve more effective, efficient and equitable health care systems.
The meeting was opened by the project Coordinator Paolo Pertile, Full Professor at the University of Verona, and Riscanu Cornel, appointed Project Officer responsible for the European Commission for the project’s proper management and deployment.
The main sections of the event have been the presentation of the activities that the institutional and private units will carry out during the four-year project.
FLASH beneficiaries are:
- Università degli Studi di Verona (Italy) – Coordinator
- Consorzio Italbiotec (Italy)
- Univerzita Karlova (Czechia)
- Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Fundacio Institut Universitari Pera la Recerca (Spain)
- Health Insurance Bureau (Czechia)
- Università degli Studi di Catania (Italy)
- Universitaet Hamburg (Germany)
- Universitat Internacional De Catalunya (Spain)
- Vilniaus Universitetas (Lithuania)
- Szkola Glowna Handlowa W Warszawie (Poland)
- Agenzia Nazionale Per I Servizi Sanitari Regionali (Italy)
- Mci Management Center Innsbruck International (Austria)
- Federation Europeenne Des Hopitaux Et Des Soins (Belgium)
- Biocat La Fundacio Bioregio De Catalunya (Spain)
- Azienda Zero (Italy)
FLASH Associated Partners are:
- Regione Veneto (Italy)
- Institut Catala De La Salut (Spain)